Trips & Reservations Guide
Last edited 12/16/2019
In page we will discuss:
- What Trips are and how to create them.
- Creating new reservations as an admin.
- Modifying/deleting reservations.
- Admin overrides.
- Click on "Select client" on the top right of the application.
- Select the search icon and find the account you wish to reserve a facility for.
- Search by users.
- If no account exists, select the + icon to add a new account.
After you select an account, you will arrive at the account homepage which displays the users upcoming registered events. There are two ways to enter the Facility Module from the homepage:
Option 1: In the top blue bar, select MY TRIPS to view a list of any future trips for this account. If no future trips exist, "You have no upcoming trips" will be displayed. Click GO TO FACILITIES to enter the Facility Module.
Option 2: Click the Facilities icon (the tent logo) on the left menu to enter the Facilities Module.
Here you can view availalble locations with active facilities. You can also view MY TRIPS. This is a list of all upcoming trips for the account.
Select a desired location to view available facilities within the location.
At the location homepage, you can:
- Create new trips.
- View/manage upcoming trips.
- View/manage past trips.
- Check available dates.
- See a list of all available facilities. Admins will see a complete list of facilities including Admin Only Visibility facilities.
Select a facility to view its Facility Info or to create a NEW TRIP.
The facility info page will display:
- Facility description
- Facility Type description
- Features (Attributes)
- Available dates
Use the NEW TRIP button to begin the reservation process.
Create New Trip
Trips are used to define:
- Who: Unit number, names, email, phones and how many are coming.
- When: The date range of trip. Reservations will be limited during the period visiting. This helps reduce incorrect reservations.
- Where: The location and specific facilities reserved.
- Custom requests & details: The optional additional notes field allows your guests to provide special information about their trip arrival or custom requests. This information is displayed on the Trip Itinerary PDF and Group Trips Excel reports.
An admin notes section is also available for admins to put private notes that the units can not see. This information is displayed on the Group Trips Excel reports.
- Trip Name: A custom name used to identify the trip.
- Arrival: The check-in date.
- Departure: The check-out date.
- Number of Youth: The number of youth attending. This data is populated when a new reservation is added but can be adjusted at each facility reservation. This number is used to multiply the Per Person Daily Rate.
- Number of Adults: The number of adults attending. This data is populated when a new reservation is added but can be adjusted at each facility reservation. This number is used to multiply the Per Person Daily Rate.
- Contact Info: Primary contact for the reservation. Notifications will be sent to the primary and alternate contacts.
- Alternate Contact: Secondary contact for the reservation. Notifications will be sent to the primary and alternate contacts.
- Additional Info: The optional additional notes field allows your guests to provide special information about their trip arrival or custom requests. This information is displayed on the Trip Itinerary PDF and Group Trips Excel reports.
- Admin Notes: The optional admin notes section allows admins to put private notes that the units can not see. This information is displayed on the Group Trips Excel reports.
Once a trip is created, the Reservations Wizard reminds units of the next step to add reservations. Click on ADD RESERVATION to advance. A notice also flashes on the screen: "Trip has been added. Please, add reservation to complete your booking."
Reservation Wizard, Step 1 - Select Type
In step 1 of the Reservation Wizard, select the Facility Type and then the specific facility you wish to reserve.
You will now arrive at step 2.
Reservation Wizard, Step 2 - Add Reservation
In step 2, you will see the pricing, policy, map, features, and reservation details for the facility. Select the dates desired (dates will be limited to dates within the trip) and number of youth and adults attending.
The pricing will be automatically calculated; however and admin can OVERRIDE the Per Day Flat Rate or Per Person Daily Rate.
Override Fees by Admin
Admins can override with a new Per Day Flat Rate and/or Per Person Per Day Rate.
Reservation Wizard, Step 3 - Confirmation
Confirm details of new reservation in Step 3 of the Reservation Wizard and add payment, if any, to the cart. Users have to add at least the minimum due upfront while admins can finalize reservations without payment. Users can then login and make payment at any time.
Select COMPLETE to add reservation to the cart. This will bring you to the Trip Summary.
The Trip Summary is the landing page of a trip. You can access it from the account homepage, the Facility Reports, or after confirming a new facility reservation.
On this page, you can:
- Make payments.
- View, add, modify, or delete reservations.
- Print the Trip Itinerary report.
Remember that reservations are not complete until an order is finalized in the shopping cart. Availability will be re-checked when PLACE ORDER is clicked. Once reservations are finalized, they will appear in reports for the council and for the user.