Swapping Participant Classes
Last edited 2/25/2022
Did you know that you can swap classes from one participant to another within a registration without losing the spot in the class? This allows a group to keep a spot in a high-demand class even if the class is full or has a waitlist.
This feature is available to both admins and end-users.
Steps to accomplish swap:
- Admins - use the Select Client tool to find a registration or a named participant.
- Users or Admins - from within the registration, click on a named participant and Manage and Edit their registration.
- Advance to the Classes step and Remove the class.
- Complete the wizard, adding the changes to the cart.
- DO NOT CHECKOUT
- Next, select the second Scout or add a new participant and follow the wizard to the classes step.
- At the classes step, add the same class to the new participant. This has to be the same class at the same time for the swap to be effective.
- Complete the wizard to add the changes to the cart.
At this point, if you selected the same class(es), the second participant will take the same spot in those classes as the original recipient. This also works if you are cancelling a Scout and registering a new one.
The most important thing to remember is to do this in one transaction. Checking out in the middle will release the spot to another group.
View Screenshots of Steps:
This also applies if no payment is due. Learn More