Applying Credits and Overpayments
Last edited 9/29/2020
Example: The balance due is $100, the group has $50 credit on file. After the credit is applied, the user owes $50.
- Add the full amount due to the cart and click checkout.
- By default, the "Use Credit" is selected. Users do not have the toggle and must use credit.
- Enter payment details for balance and Place Order.
When you receive a payment that is greater than the amount due, you can mark the overage as unapplied, i.e. credit, during the checkout process.
Example: The balance due is $100 and the user has sent in a check for $150.
- At the user's registration or reservation, add the full amount due to the cart. Click checkout.
- In the Financial Summary, on the line item, "Unapplied," replace the 0 on the right with the overage amount (in this case, 50) and place the order. The $50 overpayment will be added to their account as available credit.
This also applies if no payment is due.