Last edited 9/29/2020
New events are added on the Events' tab. Once created, an event's panel will also have several tabs, the first of which will share the event's name. Some tabs, such as Campsites, only apply to events with certain registration methods, and may be grayed out.
- Name: Enter name of event.
- Deep Link: This link is created after the new event is saved. It can be shared outside the Tentaroo website and sends users straight to the event after login, bypassing their account home, for the group to register.
- All Day Event: Select if the event lasts all day. If not selected, start and end times will be enabled as part of the start and end dates.
- Event Start / End Date: The days (and times, if enabled) the event starts and ends. Start date and time will be displayed on the event webpage, website calendar, and on certain website displays.
- Numbers Registration Start Date: This is the date when users can register for this event if Just Numbers (Spots) or Numbers and Names (Summer Camp Style) registration methods are used.
- Names Registration Start Date: This is the date when individuals can be added to the event registration if Just Names (Participants) or Numbers and Names (Summer Camp Style) registration methods are used. Class scheduling will also open up on this date.
- Delete: By selecting this and saving, the event will be deleted. Deleted events can restored by selecting Display Deleted, selecting an italicized event, unchecking Delete and clicking save.
- # Time Blocks: This number will add corresponding time blocks to the third tab, "Time Blocks".
- Copy Schedule from Event: Select this to copy the class schedule for selected event within the same Event Type. This can only be done once per event and does not copy the Time Blocks settings.
Limits by Event
- Maximum Participants: This limits the total number of participants (all youth and adult participant types) who can register for this event.
Limits by Participant Type
- Youth: Limits the number of participants by participant type.
- Adult: Limits the number of participants by participant type.
Accounting and Pricing by Date
- GL Account (Participants): GL accounts are initially copied from Event Type settings; however, they can be changed per event.
- Default GL Account (Classes): GL accounts are initially copied from Event Type settings; however, they can be changed per event.
- Early Registration End Date: The early rate will be billed from the date registration opens until 11:59 the day before this date. Then, the base registration amount will be charged.
- Base Registration End Date: The base rate will be billed from from the date early registration closes until 11:59 the day before this date. Then, the late registration amount will be charged, if enabled. If late registration is not enabled, registration will stop on 11:59 the day before this date.
- Allow Reductions Until Date: Hove over the tooltip (blue question mark) to review as this setting is different between events that use Numbers and events that use Just Names.
- Just Numbers or Numbers and Names Registration: If a date is set here, users will be unable to reduce the numbers in their registration after midnight at the end of this date. If blank, users will never be able to reduce any finalized numbers.
- Just Names Registration: If a date is set here, groups will be unable to remove event registrations after midnight at the end of this date. If blank, groups will be able to remove participants up until registration closes.
Youth Participant and Default Campsite Deposits
- Youth Participant Deposit Due Date/Amount: This date and amount will appear on the event invoice.
- Default Campsite Deposit Amount: This dollar amount will be collected as part of initial registration. The deposit is applied to the event fees and is not an additional fee.
The following items can be managed on the classes tab:
- Classes, options, and camperships.
- Requirements completed.
- Printing of class-specific Instructor Class Rosters. See event reports for an Instructor Class Roster report that includes all classes.
This tab shows a list of groups registered for the event. Click on a group to view and edit its registration details. Click on Open Registration in Group to edit the registration in the group interface.
- Registration Date: The initial date of registration.
- Campsite Deposit: Displays the campsite deposit amount. Can be edited, for example if the default campsite deposit amount is greater than the group's registration total.
- Campsite: Select the campsite(s) you are assigning to a group. Select multiple if you want to assign the group to multiple campsites.
- Primary Contact Name & Email: Displays the primary contact's name and email as entered by user.
- Admin Notes: Notes added by an admin. These notes are not visible to users.
- Notes to Group: Notes that you want to appear on group invoices for event.
- Participant Estimate Slots: Click here to learn about working with Participant Estimate Slots.
- Save vs Save and Recalculate Fees: Click here to learn more.
On this section, you can view your campsite capacities and current assignments. Campsites assigned over their estimated capacities will be highlighted in red. Campsites and their capacities are added on the Locations tab. To view group's preferred campsite selections, download the Groups report, Excel. See Event Reports for details.
Click the green plus or the "New Message" button at the bottom to create a new message. Enter your Subject and content and click save. All created event messages are listed on the left; this list is shared by all events.
Recipients include the primary and alternate contacts for your registered groups, and the sender is the Primary Event Contact for both manually and automatically sent messages. If a recipient replies to your message, it will go directly to the primary event contact.
Messages can be sent two different ways: manually to one or all registered groups for the event selected, or automatically to new registrations for all events in a specific Event Type.
Invoicing users for an event is a simple and efficient process using the Generate Invoices icon on the left panel of each event. Learn about sending out event invoices.
Learn about Increasing Pricing for Number Only (Spots) or Numbers and Names (Summer Camp Style) registration methods. Increase Pricing is not available for Names Only (Participants) registration method.