Setting Event Pricing
Last edited 10/7/2021
In this section, we will cover:
- The two event pricing types supported.
- Payment periods (early, base, and late).
- Pricing tiers (In-Council, Out-of-Council, Provisional, and custom options).
- Participant types
- Online payments (Credit Cards and eChecks).
- Adding credit card or eCheck processing fees to event fees.
- Requiring full or partial payments upfront.
- Campsite deposits.
- Recalculate Pricing.
Lock-in Pricing Methods
|Based On||Registration Method(s)||Description|
|Date of Registration||Just Names
Numbers and Names
|Rates are assigned to each name or spot based on the date they are registered, even if payment is received later.
A group can add 10 names or spots during the early rate period, and then 5 names or spots during the base rate period. The first 10 spots pay the early rate and the additional 5 spots pay the base rate, even if the group pays the full amount at the door. Registrations left in the cart will keep the rates applicable when they added the registration.
|Date Paid in Full||Just Numbers
Numbers and Names
|Rates are assigned to the spots based on the date payment is received, even if the spots were registered during an earlier rate. This looks at how many spots can be paid for in full based on the payments made during the payment period. Pricing is not guaranteed until a spot is paid for in full.
Payment received and applied during each pricing rate will be applied to as many spots as possible to lock them in at the current rate, i.e. a group that registers youth and pays half of their fees during the early rate period locks in half of their youth at the early rate. The remaining youth rates increase to base rate and then, if not paid, to late rate.
The day the rate is set to go up (from early to base or from base to late), click the RECALCULATE PRICING button for each event, found on the Dashboard in the Tools box. This will move all spots not paid in full to the new rate, whether they are finalized or still in the cart.
Flat rate participant types get paid for last since they don't increase; we recommend using flat rates for adults so youth spots are paid for first.
Early, base, and late rate period dates are set on the Event level under the Pricing tab (See Event Settings, Pricing) and can be configured to grant one, two, or three date-dependent rates for each participant type within each enabled pricing tier.
- Set the Base Registration Start Date
- The period before this date is the early period.
- The period on and after this date until the Late Registration Start Date is the base period.
- Set the Late Registration Start Date
- The period on and after this date is the late period.
- Late Registration End Date
- The late period ends a relative number of days prior to the start date of the Event as set at the Event Type under Pricing. This Event Type setting can also be changed in Shared Settings within the Event.
- The late period can also be disabled at the Event Type, meaning the Late Registration Start Date is the date registration closes for this Event. This is useful when you have fewer than three rate periods or your Event is free; disabling the Late Rate allows you to set a specific date for registration to close. More instructions can be found here.
Default/In-Council and Out-of-Council are the pricing tiers that each council starts out with. We can add additional custom pricing tiers for the Events Module and/or for the Facilities Module to meet your pricing needs. The event tiers and facility tiers do not have to be the same. Request additional pricing tiers.
You can assign a group to a different pricing tier by going to their account profile. Each account has an assigned Event Pricing Tier and an assigned Facilities Pricing Tier. Admins can change this as needed to grant different rates, as applicable.
If you are offering custom pricing for out of council units or select groups, you can enable your pricing tiers at the Event Type or in Shared Settings within the Event Settings. If you do not enable additional pricing tiers, all groups will get your Default / In-Council pricing, regardless of what their account is set to.
Set your early, base, and late rates for each pricing tier group under Event Settings.
Each Event Type supports multiple participant types for Youth and for Adults. You can disable all youth or all adult types to restrict a registration to one or the other.
You can use participant types to provide different rates, i.e. Scouts at summer camp have different early, base, and late rates but Crossover Scouts have the same rate set in all three.
Set your early, base, and late rates for each participant type under Event Settings.
Restrict which online payment methods are accepted under the Event Type Settings. By default, online payment types are enabled for all Event Types.
A percentage amount may be added to orders for the Event Type to help cover the cost of merchant fees. This is done in the Event Type Pricing settings.
Requiring Minimum Payments at Registration
Requiring full payment or partial payment per youth/adult can be enabled in the Event Type Pricing settings.
Class fees can also be billed upfront in full, in part, or no payment due upfront when building each class.
A campsite deposit can be configured at the event when Numbers are used (See Creating Events). Campsite Deposits are billed when the registration is created and are applied to the overall registration fees.
When pricing is locked-in based on Date Paid in Full, recalculating pricing will update all rates to the current Event pricing for all spots not yet paid for, including registrations in the cart. Learn more about Recalculating Pricing.