Last edited 12/16/2019
The connections tab consists of 5 sections. Select the tabs below to learn more.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization helps people find your page, both when using an internet search engine and when doing an internal search of your website. Effective title, description, and keyword choices will help your site rise to the top of relevant search results. Ideally, a page title should be fairly short, so that it will fit on browser tabs. It cannot be more than 55 characters.
Any SEO added to the homepage is automatically added to all other pages, but is ranked secondary to any SEO added to the pages themselves.
While your webpage's name appears on the page itself and internally in the content manager, its SEO title will display on browser tabs and search results.
A page's description will appear after a page's title in internet search results and helps users decide if your page is what they are looking for. The description should be between 50 and 160 characters long.
Keywords are searched topics a page should be considered a result for. Council and event names, council number, and "scouting in (your location)" are all important keywords. Include any abbreviations or alternative phrasing in common use among your scouts, but limit your keywords to ten phrases and 70 characters.
Selecting a resource category will display those files in a list at the bottom of the page. An event page, for example, might include a list of related PDF forms. Resource lists are created in your website's master resource repository. These files can be replaced if they need updating and will be seamlessly updated on every page where they are displayed, even if the file type has changed.
The Form Builder is a versatile tool available to all Tentaroo clients for collecting data in a variety of ways, and forms can be embedded in a Tentaroo website to share directly with your customers.
To embed a form:
In Form Manger, click on the name of the form you wish to embed, and then "Code."
- In the Tentaroo website editor, go to the "Connections" tab for your page and paste copied code into the "Form Code" box on the right."
- Click "Save." Your form is now embedded below the main content.
If you would like to include a formatted title and description on your webpage, do so in the "Content" tab of the website editor. Then, to avoid duplicate information, return to your form editor and click "Hide Title and Description" in form properties. Once you save your form, the change will apply automatically; you do not need to re-embed your form.
Getting Embed Code from Google
- On your computer, enter Google Maps.
- Find the location you wish to map so that its page opens and a red marker appears on the map.
- Click on the circle button that says "Share" or "Share Place" and a box will open with two tabs.
- Click on the second, "Embed a map," tab.
- Click the blue "COPY HTML" in the upper right.
- In the Tentaroo website editor, go to the "Connections" tab, then paste the html code into the "Google Maps Code" box on the lower right."
- Click "Save."
Making the Map Mobile Responsive
To make the embedded map fit within the map section and be responsive to different devices:
- Scroll down to the bottom lines of the code you pasted into the "Google Maps Code" box.
- Find the width, it will usually be "600" by default.
- Change the number within the parentheses to 100%.
- Click "Save."