Last edited 4/30/2021
Class Types are templates used to build classes and options for your events and can be added to at any time. They are shared among all Events in the system and can be anything from a merit badge with requirements to a meal option to a discount.
- Merit badges
- FOS discounts
- Transportation options
- Early arrival options
- Anything you want an individual or group to select other than products.
Add a Class Type
Click the green NEW button (desktop) or the white plus symbol (mobile) to add a new Class Type. Fill in the form and click CREATE at the bottom to save. You can also add or edit Class Types from within the Class editor.
- Name - a simple identifier for your Class Type.
- Image - drag and drop your image into the camera icon or click/tap on the camera to upload a picture if desired (square is recommended).
- Merit badge - click to toggle on to include this class in blue card reports for admins and users.
- Description - this will show during the registration process.
- Requirements - a comma-separated list of requirements you plan to teach at camp. See below for more information on Merit Badge Requirements.
Merit Badge Requirements
When your system was created, we preloaded the current merit badge requirements for all current merit badges. Each council can add, modify, or remove requirements for any class type. Updating requirements as BSA changes them is up to each council and can be done easily. We have consolidated the latest requirements from the Merit Badge section of Scouting.org into a spreadsheet to make it easier to update your requirements as they change. These changes affect all new class participants and will not alter previous records. You can also find current requirements in the Guide to Requirements 2019 (latest version available) found here: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33088.pdf.
Many merit badges include options within a requirement, i.e. "Requirement 4: Complete 2 of the following: a, b, c, d" and are displayed in the class type requirements section as "4 (complete 2 - a, b, c, d)." To display only the requirements being offered at your camp or merit badge event, replace the displayed requirement options with just those options being offered, i.e. "2a, 2d." The requirements reports will indicate exactly which requirements were offered during that class for the troop to enter for the Scout's records.
*This spreadsheet is periodically updated from Scouting.org for your convenience. It is current as of 1/22/2021 and includes BSA revision dates. You can copy and paste the requirements list into your Class Type to update it.