Camperships and Discounts
Last edited 9/29/2020
The Tentaroo class scheduling system includes features for personalized camperships and discounts that can be applied to the individual or to the group. The primary difference between settings for a class and a discount is the Class/Event Option dropdown.
Class vs Event Option
A Class is an independent item that can be added to the schedule with or without a fee (Archery Merit Badge for $10) and is always a positive amount.
An Event Option adjusts the registrant's event fee and can either be positive (an increase to the participant's fee) or negative (a reduction in the participant's fee). A reduction cannot be greater than the participant's fee.
An admin with the correct permissions can adjust the amount of the fee or discount for any class or option.
Both appear on the invoice when a fee or discount is applied, however the class fee appears on the line with the class whereas the event option adjustment is shown with the registrant number or name it is applied to.
To set up free leader ratios, send us a support request and we can automate those for you.
Setting up an Individual Option (Use for Camperships)
- Choose class type - if not in this list, build the discount class type in Class Types.
- Note: for individual event options, you can specify the GL Account for the campership/discount fund. For camperships, this could be a GL account for the specific type of campership. For discounts, you can set this to the event GL Account. A report is provided for individual event options that shows the source/destination GL accounts.
- Skip to Registration Options on the right.
- Registration Type: Individual
- Youth/Adult?: As needed. Particular participant types can be removed below.
- Self-Registration: Admin-only (it is generally inadvisable to allow groups to self-select discounts).
- Class/Option: Event Option (REQUIRED).
- Registration Fee - enter typical amount; can be overridden by an admin when assigned. If negative, do not make greater than the participant fee.
- Time Blocks - at least one time block must be selected. You can add more time blocks on the event tab.
- Class Days - unselecting all days prevents any conflicts so you can use the same time block to set up multiple admin-only classes/options.
Examples of an Individual Option:
- Sibling Discount
Setting up a Group Option
The primary differences from the individual option/campership settings are:
- Registration Type - Group
- Youth/Adult - As needed. Cannot eliminate specific participant types beyond Youth or Adult, i.e. if you have two adult participant types, the discount will apply to both types. Group option discounts almost always need to be Admin-Only so the admin can override the quantity if it does not apply to all participants.