Building a Class
Last edited 4/30/2021
The Tentaroo class scheduling system includes features for personalized classes and options that can be applied to an individual or to spots. The primary difference between settings for a class and an option is the kind of class: "Class" or "Registration Option."
Class vs Registration Option
A Class is an independent item that can be added to the schedule with or without a fee (Archery Merit Badge for $10) and the fee is always a positive amount.
A Registration Option adjusts the registrant's event fee and can either be positive (an increase to the participant's fee like an add-on) or negative (a reduction in the participant's fee like a campership).
The kind of class cannot be changed after a class/option is created. Please make sure you have selected the right kind of class.
An admin with the correct permissions can adjust the amount of the fee or discount for any class or option in the group's registration.
Both appear on the invoice when a fee or discount is applied, however the class fee appears on the line with the class whereas the event option adjustment is shown with the registrant number or name it is applied to.
Free Leader Ratios: If you have a set free leader ratio as part of your pricing schedule, we can automate those to apply to all registrations for this Event Type. To set up or confirm automated free leader ratios, send us a support request with your ratios.
Setting up Classes
- Individual - use for classes selected by named participants.
- Group - use for classes that will be attended by the whole group. Admins can override the number of spots this applies to.
- *This setting will only appear on Numbers & Names Event Types.
Kind of Class
- Set to Class for merit badges and activities.
- Set to Registration Option for Camperships or discounts.
- Enable this if you are grouping classes together, i.e. Art, Basketry, and Woodcarving are taught at the same time by the same counselor.
- Scouts select the Combination class and get all included Class Types.
- Each Class Type in the Combination class will have its own Enter Requirements Completed section and, if they are Merit Badges, will generate Blue Card reports for each.
- Select your Class Type or add a new one.
- If setting up a Combination class, you can select more than one Class Type.
- Displays on the Participant Class Schedule reports prior to the event start.
- Included in additional excel class exports for admins.
- By using a combination of time blocks and days of the week, you can build a complex schedule that prevents conflicts.
- Time Blocks - at least one time block must be selected. You can add or modify these in the Time Blocks section.
- Days - "All Days in Event" is the default. Turn this off to select specific days of the week.
- If "All Days in Event" is turned off AND you do not select a day of the week, you can build a class or option that does not conflict with other scheduled classes.
- This is helpful for admin-only discounts or for classes/options that are not tied to a specific schedule.
- Amount - enter the cost of the class.
- Amount Type
- Actual - cost included in fees collected in Tentaroo.
- Estimated - displayed cost due outside of Tentaroo. This will not be billed through the checkout.
- Upfront Payment
- Require in Full - amount is due at checkout in order to finalize registration for the class.
- Specific Amount - charge nothing or a partial amount due at checkout. If less than the full class fee, you can generate invoices to bill the balance due to collect any fees not paid.
- GL Account - select a GL account if different from the event GL account.
- The maximum number of participants allowed in the class.
- Suggested for Individual Classes, not Group Classes as groups cannot override the number of spots assigned to the class.
- Works with Youth participants. Enter minimum age in years and require date of birth in youth settings at the Event Type.
- Enter Instructor name and initials to display this on the class schedule reports and on the blue card reports.
- This information can also be entered in the Enter Requirements Completed section.
- Choose the eligible participant types.
- For Group Options, you can choose "Youth" and/or "Adults" but cannot omit specific participant types.
- Click CREATE to finalize changes.