Facility Blackout Dates
Last edited 10/12/2020
Blackout dates are an important and helpful part of facility reservations. There are many uses for blackout dates:
- Prevent reservations during a council event such as resident summer camp.
- Prevent reservations past a future date such as the end of the published council calendar.
- Place a hold on a facility.
- Create mass bookings in combination with admin-only facilities.
Add New, Edit, or Delete
The Blackout Dates tab shows all blackouts at a given location. Here you can:
- Select NEW button to add a new blackout date
- Select the 3 dot icon to edit or delete an existing blackout date
- Toggle Show Expired to view blackout dates in the past. Expired blackouts can be reused by moving their dates forward. Because they will apply to the same facilities, reusing expired blackouts is helpful for repeating events, such as summer camp.
Defining Blackout Dates
Selecting a blackout or creating a new one will open a panel where you can enter or edit its details. Each blackout must have a start and end date and time, a reason, and at least one applicable facility. The reason for a blackout will also serve as its name in the blackout list.
Clicking ADD or ADD FACILITIES will open a Select Facilities pop-up. Here you can search facilities by name or Facility Type, select facilities individually, and select and deselect all facilities of the same type within a location. This allows you to quickly blackout all cabins at a particular property, for example. Clicking SAVE in the pop-up applies your selection, but does not permanently save your changes to the blackout.
Please remember to hit CREATE or SAVE when finished.
You will also want to review the facility reports to make sure that the facilities being blacked-out are not already reserved.